There are many things in life that make a big difference in a way you live. But there are a few things that must have changed your life completely. This one principle that I learned from my mentor changed my perspective towards how I look at life and how I approach different challenges.
We deny a lot of things in life. We give up on certain things and say “I cannot do that”. For example, you see a rich person running a big business, owning a big mansion & tens of cars and you say to yourself – “I can never do that. I can never be that rich”. When you see a bodybuilder or a zero-figure model, you think – “My body can never look like that”.
Many a times it’s just because of your ignorance or lack of knowledge that you think you cannot do certain things. Something is impossible only until someone does it and proves that it was indeed possible. Two people talking to each other who are thousands of miles apart was an impossible thing 100 years ago. Today, it’s a part of our daily lives.
Many things were made possible using this “D to C Principle”, which is short for,
Denial to Curiosity
Instead of denying that “Something cannot be done”, be curious and ask yourself “How can it be done?“
Instead of saying “I cannot do that”, say “How can I do that?“
If some person is rich, he must have done something differently. If your friend is in the best shape of her life and if you are not, there is something that you are missing that your friend is doing. Do your level best to find it out. Be curious.
Lazy people deny things because that’s the easy choice. When you chose to become curious and do difficult things, you stand yourself apart from the crowd.
Now, let’s apply this principle to the stock market learning.
Instead of saying, “Stock market is a gamble”, just think there are so many people who are trading & investing in the stock market and making a lot of money. There are professional traders whose main source of income is their stock market earnings. Irrespective of varied economic conditions over the years, there are thousands of stock exchanges running across the globe. There has to be something that you are missing that these professionals know.
Instead of saying, “98% people lose money in the stock market”, be curious about the remaining 2% who make money. Who are these people? What do they do differently that 98% people don’t? What different things they know that give them an edge over the losing population in the stock market?
Stop saying that “The stock market is not for me”. Say “What can I do differently that will land me on the other side?” or “How can I transition myself from 98% of novice people who always lose money to the 2% of professionals who know how to play this game and make a lot of money in turn.
Be curious in everything you do. You will notice a considerable difference in a way you approach life.
Comment below to let me know what you think about this article. I read every comment.
Author: Netrey Powdwal (Co-Founder & Partner, ExpressWealth®)